Recipe: Dairy Free Creamy Green Soup
Updated: Dec 20, 2019
I made this insanely amazing soup recipe up on a whim. Sometimes throwing things together calls for an incredible dish.
I made this soup in my instant pot, but you can most definitely make it on your stove top. I love my instant pot for soups, curry dishes, and even to cook chicken. I hate cooking chicken and the IP just makes your whole life easier by not having to touch it. Now I am rambling. Instant Pot recipes are seriously the OG. They are time savers filled with flavor.
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
-1 package of Bonefide Provisions Bone Broth (24 oz)
- 4 Zucchini’s
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/4 cup of canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Throw all of this straight into your instant pot
1) Add in 1 package of Bonefide Provisions Bone Broth
You can buy this in the frozen aisle at Whole Foods.
INSTANT POT: You can defrost it in the sink under warm water for a few minutes just so the block of frozen broth comes out and goes into the IP. Since this is all being cooked together, it doesn't need to be fully liquid.
STOVETOP: If you are preparing this dish on the stovetop, be sure to place the frozen bone broth in the fridge a day before or (10ish hours) before you want to make this dish.
2) Next cut up 4 Zucchini Squash
3) Grab 1 handful of Spinach
This equates to about 1/2 a cup
4) Cut up 2 cloves of fresh garlic
5) Add in 2 Stalks of Celery
6) Seal IP and place on the manual setting for 12 minutes
7) In the meantime, you can cook some noodles to add to your soup
I love the brown rice and quinoa noodles from Trader Joes
Cook for 8 minutes
8) Once the beeper goes off on the Instant Pot, release the steam
9) If you have an immersion blender you can blend the soup in the IP
10) I used my Vitamix (blender)
You can divide the soup into two separate sections (be sure to grab another bowl out for after you blend the first section)
I recommend not blending the second batch for every long. This way you will leave some pieces of zucchini and other vegetables
11) Once you have finished blending the last batch, add 1/4 cup of canned coconut milk to the blender
12) Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
13) You are ready to serve