Recipe: Crunchy Taco Salad with Jackson's Honest
Taco salads might be the most satisfying and easiest dish to make. You will impress yourself and anyone else you are cooking for. I used Jackson's Honest Yellow Corn Tortilla chips for an added crunch [ad]. Here's how:
CHOOSE YOUR BASE:
- I love a good organic mixed green base. It's not as rough as kale, but provides a subtle crunch.
MIX N MATCH YOUR TOPPINGS:
- I feel like everyone has their preferences when it comes to your person taco, burrito bowl, and taco salad. Customize it to your liking.
- I marinated sweet mini peppers and tomatoes in olive oil on the stove for about 5 minutes
- While simultaneously, air-frying broccoli on 400 for 5 minutes (be sure to coat in olive oil first)
- You can cut raw onions, jalapeños, or even corn as another added veggie with flavor
- I also love adding a sprinkle of Jackson's Honest Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips because it adds a different texture and an added crunch. I always feel so satisfied if my meals have a slight crunch. I love Jackson's Honest chips because they are organic and instead of drenched in canola oil (which is not great), they are made with organic olive oil. I always find them at Whole Foods.
- You have total creative freedom here too.
- I used pasture raised beef (1/4 -1/2 a lb depending on how hungry you are), but you can also use organic ground turkey, or even soft tofu.
- Add olive oil to your heated skillet
- Add about a 1/2 tablespoon of garlic
- Then add about 2 tablespoons of Primal Kitchen's Golden BBQ Sauce
- Sprinkle it with Paleo Powder seasoning (it's garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, basil, oregano, lemon peel, celery, thyme, and cayenne pepper).
Feel free to add a squeeze of lime and some avocado/guacamole for a sauce. The protein option is so flavorful you won't need much of a dressing.